Scrabble Word COCHINEALS
COCHINEALS - is a valid Scrabble word.
Definition of COCHINEALS:
- A scarlet dye used chiefly for coloring food
- A similar dye or preparation made from the oak kermes insect (see kermes)
- COCHINEAL, a dyestuff consisting of the dried bodies of females of the Coccus cacti, an insect native in Mexico, Central America, etc [n]
- The dried bodies of a female scale insect, which are crushed to yield this dye
- The scale insect that is used for cochineal, native to Mexico and formerly widely cultivated on cacti
SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark, and all intellectual property rights in and to the game of Scrabble® are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, which is a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. Scrabble-Solver.com is not affiliated with SCRABBLE®, Mattel, Spear, or Hasbro in any way.