Definition of ACHIOTE
- small tree, Bixa orellana, of tropical America
- yellowish-red dye obtained from the pulp enclosing the seeds of this tree, used for coloring fabrics, butter, varnish, etc.
- a spice made from the red seed of the annatto tree
- a yellowish red dye, also ANATTA, ANATTO, ANNATTA, ANNATTO, ROUCOU [n -S]
- a yellowish red dye [n ACHIOTES]
SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark, and all intellectual property rights in and to the game of Scrabble® are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, which is a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. scrabble-solver.com is not affiliated with SCRABBLE®, Mattel, Spear, or Hasbro in any way.