Scrabble Word EUPHUISM
Definition of EUPHUISM:
- affected style in imitation of that of Lyly, fashionable in England about the end of the 16th century, characterized chiefly by long series of antitheses and frequent similes relating to mythological natural history, and alliteration
- an affected literary style [n -S]
- an elegant Elizabethan literary style marked by excessive use of balance, antithesis, and alliteration and by frequent use of similes drawn from mythology and nature
- any similar ornate style of writing or speaking; high-flown, periphrastic language
- tificial elegance of language
SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark, and all intellectual property rights in and to the game of Scrabble® are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, which is a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. Scrabble-Solver.com is not affiliated with SCRABBLE®, Mattel, Spear, or Hasbro in any way.