Scrabble Word IO
IO - is a valid Scrabble word.
Definition of IO:
- a cry of joy [n -S]
- a maiden loved by Zeus and changed by him into a heifer so that she might escape the jealous rage of Hera
- large volcanically active moon of the planet Jupiter
- showy, yellow moth, Automeris io, of North America, having a prominent pink and bluish eyespot on each hind wing
- small hawk, Buteo solitarius, having two plumage phases and occurring only on the island of Hawaii, where it is a rare species and the only living indigenous bird of prey
- woman who, being loved by Zeus, was transformed into a white heifer and was, at the wish of Hera, first guarded by Argus and later pursued through the world by a gadfly until she reached Egypt, where she resumed her true shape: identified by the Egyptians
SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark, and all intellectual property rights in and to the game of Scrabble® are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, which is a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. Scrabble-Solver.com is not affiliated with SCRABBLE®, Mattel, Spear, or Hasbro in any way.