Scrabble Word MAQUIS
MAQUIS - is a valid Scrabble word.
Definition of MAQUIS:
- a thick underbrush, also MAQUI [n MAQUIS]
- area of such underbrush
- band of maquis
- evergreen shrub, Aristotelia chilensis, of Chile, having toothed, oblong leaves, greenish-white flowers, and purple berries, grown as an ornamental in S California
- guerrilla fighter in the French underground during World War II
- member of this movement
- the French underground movement, or Resistance, that combatted the Nazis in World War II
- thick scrubby evergreen underbrush of Mediterranean shores
SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark, and all intellectual property rights in and to the game of Scrabble® are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, which is a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. Scrabble-Solver.com is not affiliated with SCRABBLE®, Mattel, Spear, or Hasbro in any way.