Scrabble Word OGHAM
Definition of OGHAM:
- alphabetical script used originally for inscriptions in an archaic form of Irish, from about the 5th to the 10th centuries
- an ancient alphabet, also OGAM [n -S]
- any of the 20 characters of this script, each consisting of one or more strokes for consonants and of notches for vowels cut across or upon a central line on a stone or piece of wood
- inscription employing this script
- the alphabetic system of fifth and sixth century Irish in which an alphabet of 20 letters is represented by notches for vowels and lines for consonants and which is known principally from inscriptions cut on the edges of rough standing tombstones
SCRABBLE® is a registered trademark, and all intellectual property rights in and to the game of Scrabble® are owned in the U.S.A and Canada by Hasbro Inc., and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, which is a subsidiary of Mattel Inc. Scrabble-Solver.com is not affiliated with SCRABBLE®, Mattel, Spear, or Hasbro in any way.